Materials & Lesson Plans (2016/17)
Each first of the month a new newsletter or lesson plan will be sent to the email address you have provided us. The lesson plan will contain a lesson on a continent we have selected for prayer and sacrificial works. The lesson plan will have a prayer so that you can do one small prayer every day for those of that continent. The newsletter will give updates and highlights of schools and the MCA program. (Download Adobe Reader)
>> Materials & Lesson Plans for Lent 2017 (new!)
Lesson Plans for grades K-3rd grade:
- Lent Lesson Plan for K-3rd grade
- My 2017 Lenten Calendar
- Our Path During Lent
- Prayer Card
- 2017 MCA Calendar for Lent
Lesson Plans for grades 4-8th:
>> Materials & Lesson Plans for October-November 2016
- Calendar: October & November (2pgs)
- “My World Mission Journal” Americas – Second page for all grades (4pgs) Includes transition cover page from Africa to the Americas.
- “My World Mission Journal” Americas – Country List
- The Americas Teacher Resource for Grades K-4th
- The Americas Teacher Resource for Grades 5-8th
>> Welcome Packet Materials & Lesson Plans for August-September 2016
Print-ready digital copies of forms sent out in the summer welcome packet are available below for downloading and printing.
- Material Timeline for 2016-2017 School Year
This is a timeline of what you will be receiving form us throughout the year.
• Material Timeline
• Mission Moderators: What you are receiving Provides a list of materials included in the Summer Mailing Packet.
- Lesson Plan One – World Mission Rosary Video and Discussion Guide
This is to help you set the tone for students for the whole school year as they participate in the World Mission Rosary.
• Lesson Plan One Outline
• World Mission Rosary Video Discussion Guide
• The Rosary and You
• World Mission Rosary Poster For display in classroom
- Lesson Plan Two – The World Mission Rosary and Classroom Cut-Out
We ask teachers to reserve a special place in the classrooms as the rosary can be used throughout the entire school year.
• Lesson Plan Two Outline
• Classroom World Mission Rosary Cut-Out Instructions & Template. (11pgs) Provides templates and details for reproducing the WMR in a larger-scale for your classroom.
• Coloring Rosary (1pg) Ideal for use with younger students as an activity. It also provides the opportunity for children to share WMR with their families.
• Supplemental: World Mission Rosary Mysteries (2pgs) It describes everyone’s calling to be a missionary. It also includes additional information explaining the WMR Mysteries.
• Calendar: August & September (2pgs) A helpful daily guide for completing a Rosary in two months with your students.
- Student Activity: My World Mission Journal (To be used throughout the year)
This activity will be done through the year. Students will learn about different parts of the world as a missionary right from the classroom.
• Student Activity Outline
• Africa Teacher Resource for Grades K-4th
• Africa Teacher Resource for Grades 5-8th
• “My World Mission Journal” Cover Page
• “My World Mission Journal” Introduction Page
• “My World Mission Journal” – First page for all grades (3pgs)
>> MCA Forms
For forms, visit our forms page. If you require assistance, or have any questions, please contact us at (213) 637-7416!